Remember a few weeks ago I shared with you that I had something new in the works? Well, it’s finally time to launch my new series: my Weekly Dishes.
One of the things that several people said when I asked for feedback on what they wanted to see was “more recipes!” Apparently all the posting and sharing of different meals was too enticing, and I needed to follow it up with something they could go with.
So, because you asked, here is your new series, where I will pick one dish a week (it may be an entrée, a dessert, or something in between), and share the recipe with you. I will endeavor to also share the complete meal plan with you too, because one of my pet peeves about recipes is that they often leave you at a loss for what to serve with it! So, whenever I share an entrée, and if applicable, I will also share what else I cook with it.
Without further ado, here is my first recipe: Honey Baked Chicken.
This recipe is a family heirloom (sort of). It’s a meal I grew up with, and honestly I don’t know where my Mom got it (she may not be sure either). It’s a staple in my household, and while it takes time to cook, the recipe itself is VERY easy. A great choice for busy moms.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Serves 2 adults and 2 children.
- Two Chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Unsalted butter (can use salted if it’s all you have on hand)
- 1/3 cup Honey (sorry, I forgot to put this in the picture)
- 2 tablespoons Mustard (any kind works, but I typically prefer Dijon. I used Spicy brown mustard this time)
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt (less if using salted butter)
- a small saucepan
- large casserole/baking dish (does not need to be glass)
- meat cutting board
- wooden spoon